It is aptly said, “When you are educating a boy, then you are educating one individual, but when you are educating a girl, you are educating the nation.” Empowering the women is a pathway to achieve a developed society because the advantages of empowering women are not exclusive only to the women but to their lovely families. Women empowerment entails in the increase of economic, social as well as political strength of the women.
The concept of women empowerment arises due to male domination and gender discrimination in society. Women are suppressed by their own families as well as the society for numerous silly reasons. And it is not a new concept because the need was already sensed before. Women have faced many difficulties since the beginning of the history itself, and they have been judged according to the gender inequalities.
What are the benefits of Women Empowerment in Today’s world?
- They will be able to live their life with much freedom and dignity.
- Women empowerment adds self-confidence and self-esteem.
- It gives a distinct identity to them.
- They are willing to gain respectable positions in the society.
- Women are financially stable and independent, and they are spending their desires and needs. They don’t have to compromise or sacrifice their needs.
- They are willing to make meaningful decisions and contributions to the well-being of the societies.
- The resources of the country are equally and fairly accessible to women.
- They are the capable citizens of the country to contribute to the growth of GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
Some necessities of Women Empowerment
From the past decades, there has been a steady increase in the actions for the betterment of the planet, peace, prosperity, and partnership. Many people are aiming and targeting gender equality and women empowerment widely across the whole world. Unless a place is not safe for the members of society, then it cannot become a better place, especially for women.
Nowadays the women are proving to be the best in the whole world despite going through many hurdles. They are turning out to achieve the notable and respectable positions. To make society a better place, women empowerment is necessary. The sectors are changing, and it is changing for many numerous reasons.
Women should be given equal opportunities for employment and education without the concept of discrimination. The whole concept relies upon the patriarchal nature of the society which is oppressing the women from several years. Moreover, many initiatives and measures are taken by the women organizations and associations for the betterment of society.
But in recent years the status and the condition of women is improving somehow in society. They are still facing gender inequalities and other atrocities for different region and different class of people. Starting from their birth to death they are suppressed by society. To eliminate the evils from the society and to make your society a better place, women empowerment is necessary. Stick to the above advantages and necessities of women empowerment and educate them to achieve great success in the coming years.